So how many of us really ever put our money where our mouthes are? Put up or shut up? Well, the time came, I felt like I had enough. It's not that the job is really horrible or anything, but I felt I deserved better, and I could do better. So that was that; I resigned.
Jumping, both feet.
Shocked is probably the most appropriate word to describe the general reaction. From the management, I'm sure they didn't see it coming. From my fellow proletariat, the shock was more in the disbelief that someone had the cajones to do what we all dream of. As for myself, I don't know...
I just felt so damned happy and relieved. I was leaving a job that clearly didn't satisfy me but paid alright for the great unknown. I guess that sort of smacks in the face of management that I'd rather be unemployed and look for something better than continue on like a good solider. Sorry Ted, I just didn't feel like it.
And then the counter offers started coming in...
Jumping, I think...
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment